Metallica fan goes on shaving strike waiting for new album

Metallica Fan Shaving StrikeTake one Metallica fan and a band that spends more time worrying about people downloading their music than actually making it. The BEARDweekone has given up shaving until the band releases their next album. The new album is scheduled for release sometime around February of 2008, but should be available for illegal download a week or two before that.

That is of course assuming no one in the band catches fire (again).

Metallica fire

For the record Metallica’s last album was released in June of 2003 and was their worst selling album to date.

The good news is that most of their songs sound pretty much the same so I’m not really sure how he could tell the difference if someone gave him a CD with their songs in a slightly different order and made some convincing box art.

metallica fan

He only started his shaving strike in August of 2006, if he had started just after 2003 when the last album was released his beard would have been just a little longer.

metallica fan

bearded chickIt could be worse though, she could be this chick – Vivian Wheeler of Wood River, Illinois, USA, grew a full beard after the death of her mother in 1990. The longest strand from the follicle to the tip of hair was measured at 27.9 cm (11 in) in 2000. As a small child growing up, Vivian was always made to feel different. Her father insisted she started shaving at the age of 7 but this failed to stop the taunts. It was only after four marriages and her mother’s death in 1993 that she finally stopped trimming back the facial growth and let her beard grow.She prefers to tie the beard up, which allows her to continue with her day-to-day routines. Currently the mother-of-three has joined a touring curiosity show based in Illinois and feels much happier with her life. She said: “It really helped to have a Guinness World Record… it showed me I could be proud of being me. It made me feel like I had a chance in society.”

So keep your fingers crossed this beard (not a real beard like Jeff Gordon’s pretend wife Ingrid) finally gets his wish and the world gets 8-12 songs that we’ve pretty much already heard.

Buy Metallica now!

More Pics

News Category: Celebrity, Entertainment, Humor, News

22 Responses to “Metallica fan goes on shaving strike waiting for new album”

1. blackmocco rules! long live Gimli! >=:o) METALLICAAAAAAAA 😛

BigBunny on 09 Dec 2007 at 12:19 pm
  2. The retardzone is an appropriate place for the TEXT of this artical.

The subject matter is over your head though.

Tony on 09 Dec 2007 at 3:35 pm
  3. I’m really surprised by the mass quantity of people that come to this site looking for Metallica. Without disappointing the hordes of searchers, Metallica isn’t really on this website, it’s just a story about it.

Michael on 20 Dec 2007 at 5:39 pm
  4. whoever is the “author” of this article is a douchebag. One day you people will wake up and realize that Metallica (and all musicians) dont get a salary for the hours they’ve worked. They get their money from fans supporting them in concert or cd. Now if the “fans” are too big of cheapasses to buy a cd. They don’t get the money for the cds that they spent months down eachothers throughts to produce. So quit your bitchin and buy the cd when it comes out. thank you

The Jorat on 24 Dec 2007 at 3:31 pm
  5. I would be the douchebag in question sir. Sadly no one buys CD’s anymore good luck finding a Tower Records or Warehouse to buy a CD in. Try this new site called Google.com and try searching for something called an iPod. It’s hard to keep up with technology when you spend your life in a haze in your parents basement staring wantonly at the James Hetfield poster above your bed.

As for your comment about bitching – you’re just lucky you aren’t here to say that to my face. I would so hit you with my purse.

Here is an appropriate picture to compensate those who had to translate your ramblings above.
    Bitching

Keep reading and thank you for your feedback, bothering you is the most important thing in my life at this moment.

Jerome on 26 Dec 2007 at 5:41 pm
  6. i disagree. I like st.anger….its a good album. although ive heard the next album is gonna be like old metallica…no release date though 🙁

hey yer barred on 19 Jan 2008 at 6:34 pm
  7. […] Metallica fan goes on shaving strike waiting for new album Take one Metallica fan and a band that spends more time worrying about people downloading their music than actually making it. The BEARDweekone has given up shaving until the band releases their next album. The new album is scheduled … […]

8. What would cliff think!!!!

Roy Norman on 27 Jan 2008 at 9:35 am
  9. Cliff would probebly say! (absomotha****inlotly!!!)

Garth of wasteville on 27 Jan 2008 at 9:39 am
  10. What would cliff think?? miss the mother****er!

Garth of wasteville on 27 Jan 2008 at 9:40 am
  11. i buy CD’s. of course, i guess i’m just one of the few people that thinks good music is worth paying for instead of downloading illegally. anyway, hopefully this album will be more like the first 5, and not another load or st. anger.

your average everyday headbanger on 27 Jan 2008 at 8:53 pm
  12. I can’t wait til the next CD comes out!!
    METALLICA RULES!!

Shaye on 12 Feb 2008 at 11:00 am
  13. “Sadly no one buys CD’s anymore good luck finding a Tower Records or Warehouse to buy a CD in.”
    Um…what about Wal-mart(even though it’s all censored…), or FYE, Sam Goody…or any other store you find at a mall that SELLS CD’S!

“Try this new site called Google.com and try searching for something called an iPod.”
    Got one…AND I buy CD’s, too! Hell, I’ve got TWO iPod’s, and I’ll still shell out almost twenty bucks to own a CD.

“It’s hard to keep up with technology when you spend your life in a haze in your parents basement staring wantonly at the James Hetfield poster above your bed. ”
    James Hetfield, Kirk Hammet, Lars Ulrich, and…well…whoever happens to play bass…are gods of the metal genre. If it weren’t for them, we wouldn’t have bands today like Korn, Disturbed, Static-X, or anyone else like that. So, shut the **** up, and don’t badmouth the world’s most successful rock band just because you don’t like them.

Chris on 12 Feb 2008 at 12:27 pm
  14. you know ive been a fan since 1985 and metallicas music got me through a lot of ****, it was like they were there for me. but since the last album in 2003 they have gone down hill in my opinion it seems like there init for them selfs (for the money)and not for the fans anymore every time you here a rumor of a new album its followed up with them going on tour over seas again and again. they seem to need a break from the studio or they need a break from each other. quit teasing your fans that have been there from the beginning and release good heavy old **** just like the old days.make us beleive you got it, because after the last album i really have my douts please proove me wrong.

jeff boucher on 09 May 2008 at 3:27 pm
  15. metallica is life!!!!
    i`m going to get the new cd ok so **** you 🙂

marcus on 03 Jun 2008 at 1:34 pm
  16. Waiting, waiting, waiting (Ninth album expected release date September 2008)

Jerome on 04 Jun 2008 at 5:42 pm
  17. ARE YOU KIDDING? Metallica songs all sound the same? Its sounds like the author of this piece of “journalism” needs to take his foot out of his ass and stick it in his mouth. Do your homework on the band before you go around throwing silly, uneducated statments about thier music all over the internet. Anyone with any resemblence of an educated ear would have to disagree. Go home ya boob!

Luke on 06 Jul 2008 at 1:32 pm
  18. slag

mary on 27 Nov 2008 at 1:13 pm
  19. It’s evident the author hasn’t listened to the new album. It sounds nothing like the past 2 albums. The new one is somewhat of a throwback to their early days. If you make a living by creating music and people download it illegally, that is theft. People that steal music dont understand this concept because they are not musicians themselves. Furthermore, digital downloadable music is inferior in sound. Digital music is compressed and to me, is sonically emaciated.

no wave on 27 Jan 2010 at 1:01 am
  20. hi

naser on 27 Jun 2010 at 4:58 am
  21. Are you retarded? You’re saying “Fuel” sounds like “Battery”? “Hit the Lights” sounds like “Frantic”? I take it that you download music illegally since you stand up for it. I also believe you are deaf if you think “One” sounds like “King Nothing”. In fact, name any two Metallica songs that sound exactly alike. Even Unforgiven and Unforgiven II are very distinct. So therefore, I believe you are low on logic and common sense. But what I know for sure is that you shouldn’t be a journalist or whatever the hell you are if you post biased bull**** like this. For the record, I have four iPods (one of which i am using to post this right now) and I buy CDs from Wal-Mart. Oh, and yeah… I bet you WOULD own a purse.

Alex on 30 Dec 2010 at 12:48 am
  22. But at least you’re working at the rightful place for you: The Retard Zone.

Alex on 30 Dec 2010 at 12:50 am