Wiccan lottery winner to open real life Hogwarts wizard school

wicca schoolWiccan ‘high priest’ Bunky Barlett who won $49 million dollars is planning to open a school for witches – a real life Hogwarts. Bunky who quit his day job, a bookkeeping service after winning the lottery.
I’m not really sure how you become a high priest in the Wiccan church – I’m pretty sure that it involves at a least dozen box tops and a self addressed stamp though.

He told the Associated Press that his school will teach not just about Wicca but also about multiple spiritual traditions, as well as offering training in practical skills like financial management.

Bartlett has already contributed to a Special Olympics event, to Mystickal Voyage, a New Age shop where he currently teaches, and to a Stonehenge preservation group in England.

The following video is from The Associated Press, broadcast on October 30, 2007.

Bartlett had not decided if he will accept his winnings as an annuity or choose the lump sum cash option. The jackpot could get larger once ticket sales are tallied, Roogow said, but the lump sum payment would be at least $48.7 million, or about $32 million after taxes.

According to preliminary calculations, each ticket would be worth about $82 million if the prize were taken in 26 annual payments.

Bartlett said the money won’t change him, although he plans to invest in Mystickal Voyage. “I’m going to live my life like I have been,” he said.

The odds that any ticket would match all five numbers – 8, 18, 22, 40 and 44 – and the Mega Ball number – 11 – were one in 176 million.

Wicca Winner
Bartlett does look like he should be wearing comfortable shoes, voting democratic and running a bed and breakfast somewhere. His wife Denise swears he is a man so we will take him for is word though.

If having your kids be anywhere near this creepy looking guy doesn’t give you pause, the fact that he’s running a school for witches should rule out most responsible parents from attending his school. Although most school districts are overrun by illegal aliens whose parents don’t speak English will be oblivious to his hair brained Wicca subject matter and will confuse him for a kindly old woman so he should have a pretty full class.

Wicca Winner
They mythical and majestic Hogwarts School of Wizardry.

Wicca Winner
They newly opened Hogwart’s School of Magic, off I-17 two blocks from Costco. Your kids might be in for a real life dose of reality when real life doesn’t live up to fantasy. Oh well, welcome to the adult world – it will prepare them for marriage and all the impending disappointments to be experienced growing up.

On the plus side hell may or may not exist so your children’s eternal souls are only possibly damned.

News Article

News Category: Humor, News, Retarded

82 Responses to “Wiccan lottery winner to open real life Hogwarts wizard school”

1. hello everyone,
    i have been reading through all these comments, and i must say there is so much support for your own religion, if it be wiccan, christian or catholic. I was baptised and was given a christian name, but recently i’ve chossen the path of the wiccan, i may only be a foundling in this religion, but its my choice, it comes from a choice made by my heart. which is how a religion i think should be choosen.
    I am slightly dissapointed with mainly the first few comments, i dont see why we have to hate each other so much, we should all just accept that everyone is different, everyone is unique and various in opinions. I think we should get over the prejudices we have for each other, leave the past in the past and head towards a better future, no one knows who is right anyway, once you die you find out the truth of everything, what exists and what doesn’t. If it so happens that the christians are right and god does exist then surely if you’ve all explained it right, by all means wouldn’t God forgive everyone? if god asked you why you didnt follow him the simple answer would be “because i followed my heart and did what was best for it”. as for me i believe in the reincarnation, the soul returning to life so that it may learn all there is that the Gods wish us too.
    Two of those lessons that must be learnt I think are forgivness and understanding of others. As wiccans we should be patient and loving to those who dont understand and fear that which they dont know, and if your christian (i’m sorry i must confess i’m not sure if many Catholic laws are different) doesnt the bible say “to love thy neighbour” it doesnt matter what happened in the past, what counts is our future, how we spend it, and who we soend it with, we can hate those around us but it will not get us anywhere, nor will it make anyone the happier.

May you all find the path your heart has created for you. Midnight xx

Midnight Black on 07 Aug 2009 at 5:57 am
  2. You need to stop spewing this hatred and propaganda, it is not funny! Most Christians treat religion like it’s a language. We don’t say the Polish are wrong just because they call their cats “Kot” when I would say my cat. There is no wrong religion, they’re just different. Well not all Christians are like this but some. I mean, the ones I know are very decent, understanding and tolerant people. I wish this hatred would stop soon, it’s not needed in this world.

Melody on 07 Oct 2009 at 3:27 pm
  3. i dont know who you are but be nice you may not agree with the wiccan faith but you dont have to be mean about and did you mother not teach you if you cant say any thing nice dont say any thing at all.

blackrose on 02 Nov 2009 at 4:47 pm
  4. ROFL!!!!! Please tell me nobody took lil ole jerome seriously? This lil fellow wouldn’t last in a face to face meeting with me or any seasoned Witch lol!
    He is very entertaining to say the least and I’m quite sure gets a little chuckle with his friends who more than likely worship the same blood thirsty god of Abraham. All he has done is add more proof to the lies and intolerence perpetuated by the christians as a group!!! Thank you for showig us wwjd because now I am even happier I am no part of your blood thirsty, hypocritical, murderous lying pantheon of misguided mythology. Blessed be lil jerome and Merry Part! May the Goddess watch over you and bless you and your family!!
    Matt Kennedy
    High Priest
    Coven of the Red Moon
    P.S. By the way its 13 box tops duh!! lol

matt kennedy on 28 Jan 2010 at 4:12 am
  5. The bashing of Wicca and Pagan religions on the internet alone has caused alot of us to be shunned from alot of things. Here where I live I am shunned from alot of my friends because their parents believe I will turn them into a “devil worshipping slut” like they so claim me!

Aislinn Silverwolf on 18 Feb 2010 at 6:55 pm
  6. this is stupid just let people beileve what they want its there choice in the end they will see {when they are being judged by whom ever they worship} either way its wrong to judge ah …..oh yea ….judge and ye shall be judged dosnt anyone remember that or is it that knowone wants to follow it …..i know how it is to be judged i am a self taught wiccan and live with a christian i get judged everyday all day im not allowed to have anything containing to what i beileve in the house or yard i hate it but i respect the one i live with and even though im being judged im not going to judge because im not going to stoop that low

david on 22 Feb 2010 at 8:27 am
  7. Laugh at this guy all you want, it just show how narrow-minded you are. He won a huge lottery and will never have to work again, so he’s obviously better at manipulating reality than you are. It sounds like he’s trying to do something meaningful with his winnings, which is to be commended. What could be more fun than being an eccentric millionaire?

Kevin Umbrafex on 12 Mar 2010 at 2:38 am
  8. wiccians are not evil they worship god by nature!!!!
    why do people every time they here the word wiccia they think evil.
    well that is just rong!!! it is like if you here the word musslim you think terrist.musslin is a religon! people get it through your jacked up heads wiccia is NOT! evil! thank you ………………………………………………..

zim on 21 Mar 2010 at 4:31 pm
  9. Okay so, I am a Huge Harry Potter fan lol, but i know that it’s not real . I honestly want to get out of the Fantasy World. I know that the characters in Harry Potter are not real . I also know that Hogwart’s Castle is not real . It’s just multiple areas around the world put together in a Movie . You could say that i’m addicted, but i’m Christian . It’s time to get back to the REAL WORLD people, and stop living in a Fantasy World.
    ___ Brianna .

brianna on 27 Mar 2010 at 8:16 am
  10. I love that we Pagans can joke about what other people say about our religion. I love being a Wiccan, and i plan to raise my children with magick openly used in their lives. i have a 2 year old, Rozalie, who can see things. i dont know what to call them, because i do not want to insult the spirits and whatever else she sees. she is going to grow up embracing her gift, not learning how to make it go away. i know that has nothing to do with whats on here. but i do wish that there were classes and what not around here so she could see that she is not alone in her gift and should not be afraid of it and other people have different gifts as well. Christians can kiss my pale white ass. i do not say that to be disrespectful . . . wait . . . yes i do! because thay are so ****ing disrespectful to what we believe. so they can go suck the popes dick! they need to mind theor GODDAMN business just as we mind ours.
    hate mail me! i honestly dont care.
    and i would absolutely love some feed back from parents who are Pagan and plan to raise their children with it. i need some help to be honest. im lost as to what to tell her or how to explaine her gift to her beings that she is only 2. she has more power than i do and that freaks me out sometimes. but im open to Pagan suggestions. I DO NOT WANT HELP FROM ****ING CHRISTIANS! i do not want your so called god in my life or my childs. get over it.
    thank you for your time.

Phire on 27 Mar 2010 at 6:25 pm
  11. Hahahaha . ^ ? (:
    && What if your 2 year old daughter, when she grows up , doesn’t want to “embrace” her gifts? What if she doesn’t want to be Pagan, like you ?
    Are you going to tell her she can suck the popes dick, and tell her she can kiss your pale white ass? Really? You’re so cool . I’m sure you’re going to be an amazing parent….. hint the sarcasm. Just because you can cuss,doesn’t make you a badass. Grow up.(: You’re saying christians are disrespectful? hmmm… think again. People believe in different things. So, don’t diss Christians, or any other religion. I don’t talk bad about yours.
    —- lauren.

lauren on 28 Mar 2010 at 11:29 am
  12. hi, I have read this thread and had to share my thoughts….. I have been a roman catholic most of my life, baptized and did all my communions or dedications. Yet, after much soul searching and many unanswered questions by the church, I have chosen wicca, or wicca has chosen me. I have never encountered any issues between the two religions, and there is no need to be any…. Tolerance and acceptance are the words. Witches or wizards practice white or light magik, and this is never never used against anyone!!!! Those who believe the contrary are uneducated fools. I have a master degree in commerce and hold a great job…. and I am proud to have chosen the path of love , peace and inner power…

karine on 28 Mar 2010 at 10:34 pm
  13. you know it pains my heart to see all the “Christian’s” judge a fellow man. In the Bible it states ” Judge ye least not ye be judged yourself.” That is the problem with most of the religeons out there today they r full of people who judge you, they r full of hypicrits, and soem just flat out to good for anyone to breath there air. Yes i was raised christian but it was never for me. we have christian schools, so why not have a school the teachs the way of the old? i bet the person who wrote this artical as well as some of you didnt know that the roman cathlics forced christianity upon the people of the “Old Religion”…..yes thats right…. it was forced upon them…thats not right so in all honesty no ones religion is perfect nor right but someone has to speak for the minorities here. if ur a true christian u wont bash other people for there beleifs thats not what a christian does not do they judge other people nor do they cast the first stone….yea like i said i was raised christian, but a diffrent path was choosen for me and i was lead down that road and now to my fellow Craft followers merry meet merry part merry meet again!

cora on 26 Jun 2010 at 10:05 am
  14. man thats cool finally some wiccan with some money than can do this im definently going to go to the school

shadow on 09 Sep 2010 at 3:48 pm
  15. You know a lot of christian fanatics kind of remind me of sociopaths. I’m not saying all christians, but a lot of them.

Antisocial (formerly called sociopathic) personality disorder

* Disregard for others
    * Persistent lying or stealing
    * Recurring difficulties with the law
    * Repeatedly violating the rights of others
    * Aggressive, often violent behavior
    * Disregard for the safety of self or others

Kamilla on 22 Nov 2010 at 12:04 pm
  16. Wiccans for life!!!

wiccan lover on 14 Apr 2011 at 1:32 pm
  17. I have to agree with wiccan lover! 🙂

dark_shadow_wiccan on 14 Apr 2011 at 1:36 pm

JAMES FLETCHER on 21 Apr 2011 at 10:54 am
  19. Quite frankly I think everyone here who has said something disrespectful of someone else needs to think about it and if whoever they believe in would want that. I’m Wiccan but my best friend is a highly religious catholic. We show respect to each others beliefs and look at similarities rather than differences. People can say what they want about my religion but I don’t listen to them because everyone has the right to their own opinion and that isn’t my problem. But all I can say to them is that almost every religion teaches followers to be respectful of other religions.

Also I love Monty python and the holy Grail and have always found the witch scene funny – even before becoming Wiccan

– Irisraven

irisraven on 03 May 2011 at 4:03 pm
  20. OK, I could only make it through about half of these posts before I got to my gag reflex. Jerome, who seems to have started all this, seriously, get a life. Jesus got snuffed by a bunch of jealous, greedy morons, not so unlike the pedophiles in the Vatican today. (remember the catholic church were our sponsors for such loving events as the crusades and the Spanish inquisition) I mean, what kind of person thinks up a thing like a scourge, or any other torture device and then actually takes pleasure in flaying another person with it.? Ever been on the receiving end of that kind of **** Jerome, didn’t think so. I am neither Wicca nor any type of Christian, (both sides have rules, meetings, and revivals, so from my point of view, your all missing the point) For myself, I am just here. Dumped out onto a planet full of every kind of intolerant, self serving, greedy, war mongering, tax collecting human trash possible. I stumbled across this site by the luck of the draw, and was just interested in the kind of person that would take his lottery winnings and build a wizardry school. That’s it. I don’t judge the guy, I really don’t give a damn what he does, as long as he isn’t puking on my boots, it’s his money. And you Wicca folks, don’t waste your time with this banter. Your wasting good energy on a debate that has been going for a zillion years, your can’t change small minded thinking by arguing with it. Who is dumber, the drunk, or the person trying to talk sense to the drunk?? All of you, look around, here the whole world is turning to **** right before your eyes and your wasting time throwing insults at one another. If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem. Want something to talk about? Use you brain, look through your minds eye and see that we are all living on a tiny, fragile little mud ball, on the out skirts of a HUGE galaxy that is swirling around a drain that is itself floating in a vast sea of darkness, surrounded by a million other galaxies doing the same thing. Makes all this name calling and finger pointing see pretty petty. When the **** really hits the fan here, (and everywhere) it won’t matter a wit, now will it? But that’s just my take on it. . .Personally, I’d just like to pay my humble little house off and be allowed to die peacefully with out all the noise .. . .ed

crazy.ed on 25 May 2011 at 12:07 am
  21. I found this website googling wiccans against sinners. This may sound odd but, it’s are impressions of others that does’nt come closer to setting free instead of the other way around. The esoteric and occult is what I have studied since a young age. I once believed I could overcome the good intention’s of the pentecostals paving the way to hell on my own and it was never much possible without the rarer anglicans there from near or far.
    The old testament neopagans names have gone warped this time and I don’t like the central board zoners version of liberty they send everytime. I know even my own wiccanism that’s a skeptic of karma was dependent on sometimes the unexpected pro christians that had’nt fell through.
    Greeting old school Mystics including Shane and Robert and Eddy, Lila, Maria and Chantelle. The esoteric occult is experiencing a new awakening and the God and Goddess has brought new luck through to progressives that have inisisted a little collaboration along this has made me want to call far as Washington domesticly and as far as Tokyo Internationally and have done so many times over good astrology sometimes worth paying for but, never without knowingly knowing who would ever get support in to the future.
    I would like to know more about what and why they teach at the Hogwarts School of Magic. Ever since Satan’s visit and Myself with Joseph Garcia back then he is in to causing people strife my karma has been a bumpy road off and on Joseph has desperately gone wrong him. Steve and I have had a Golden Dawn meeting without Garcia and had accomplished more in yester decade than in to the milleninum. Anton Lavey’s complete collection keeper’s were there and I can remeber the good old days when he was on the Morton Downney Jr. show but, not very good though. Anton rest in peace your best day’s were there behind you and everybody was there buying your works later on supporting your estate after you were gone even though they sometimes would had liked to while you were alive but, could’nt over the cruelty of poverty.
    I can remeber the old wiccan flyer everyone seems to had lost but once read saying “Do thou wilt if it harm none” I sometimes burn candles and incense take a look back at the good old days keep my moon talisman close look at all the pictures from back then the good old days. Try to come on in off that skateboard Paul W the church and the mexican borderliners may be alarmed without you. Cheers for the way of the future and new beginnings.

Jonathan Mystic on 26 Jul 2011 at 11:25 pm
  22. i will like to come to hogwart, but my parent are not money sufficient. can u help me? am a very brilliant student

oduwaye tunde on 19 Sep 2011 at 10:30 am
  23. It seems to me that most religions judge those who do not have their same beliefs. I am agnostic but am very interested lately in magic. Have been reading about it and it seems very interesting to me.

Inquisitiveformagic on 22 Oct 2011 at 3:06 pm
  24. Hi I have been interested in the wicca religion every since I was a kid but have not been able to find much guidance in it. I would like to start learning about the practice and utilize it in my life. If there are any wiccans who can help me by giving me some ideas on where to start I would greatly appreciate it. I really am interested in this and would like guidance star.calvin@ymail.com. I live in denver co. Now as far as you hypocritical brain washing miss guiding no commonsens Christians go in the bible god stated follow no man nor man mad religion for yall are the worst kind of hypocrites. Jesus didn’t believe in religion so if its god you follow than understand the scripts. How can u judge when god said not to and how can u bash a teaching if the teaching is a teaching on how to use your god given talent u fools. I despise people like you because u don’t see the trouble in your own life but is quick to tell someone els about there’s. That is all I have to say but if anyone can help me on my journey to true enlightenment please email me star.calvin@ymail.com

larry calvin on 11 Nov 2011 at 3:29 pm
  25. Hi I have been interested in the religion of wicca every since I knew there was a such thing but never could find the guidance to the practice. If there is anyone that can give me direction on where to or how to start please tell me I would like to get advice star.calvin@ymail.com thanks. Now as far as these ignorant bull headed blind to the real world so called Christians if you really knew the word jesus never listened to yall or any religious people because in his own words yall was the worst kind of hypocrites and its still proven to this day that you guys are. He also said never follow man because they miss guide people and try to force them into there falls practice. He also said he is not GOD he is only the son of GOD. So thous of you who say he is god you are wrong. He also said not to judge so how can u judge what is right or wrong especially when it comes to a practice that teaches you how to use what god has given you. So if there are any true wicca followers out there please give me some guidance star.calvin@ymail.com thanks

larry calvin on 11 Nov 2011 at 5:35 pm
  26. OK… umm.. let me start off by saying… WOW!! and thanks Michael!! I see why you turned me to this page!! Lol. OK.. sooo, where to begin… I think first off, let’s get back to the subject at hand. Forget what the guy looks like. Just close your eyes for a minute people and have some one re-read you this article! It’s about some middle age creepy guy.. who.. after winning a lottery,… wants to open a ” mythological ” school and have small children attend!?? Now.. I dunno about anyone else… but would it send up more “red flags” if it would have read.. ” Old creepy guy, who won lottery, wants to buy a 15 passenger van, with blacked out windows, and full of candy.. is planning on driving around daily, to spread his “joy and love” to all the good lil boys and girls of your home towns” … ??????? Oh im sorry .. to obvious for ya?? I guess I’m, besides the editor, to see it that way. Tho I suppose he could have been meaning it as he’s gunman make a school of Hoggwarts like a theme park like Disney land. Doubtful… but possible I suppose! And Barbra…. Wow! For someone “enlightened ” you really went off on a mini series novel! I was about to fall asleep about halfway through book 3 … when you added pictures! ( nice birth mark BTW 🙂 ) nothing grabs the attention like pictures! But for the rest of you so-called Wiccans who felt the need to post your ignorance… 1 word for your future posts…. ” Google ” … cuz clearly you didn’t do enough research before you decided to post your comments and expect anyone to take you seriously!! I mean, for Christ’s sakes… Barbra even posted the answers on here for you!! All you had to do was read her books on Wicca!! Let me guess.. you guys were the same ones to get the multiple choices answers wrong in school, even AFTER the teacher wrote all the answers to the tests on the board!?? You know… just for once I’d like to see a article and read the comment section and see the comments ACTUALLY follow the article!!

splatterfiend on 06 Jan 2012 at 6:32 pm
  27. Also… NICE comment on the whole ” specially marked box-tops” !!! I got a good laugh from that! So did every other “Wiccan” that posted. That’s why they felt need to say something… it was guilt! Lol. Thanks again Michael!

splatterfiend on 06 Jan 2012 at 6:36 pm
  28. One more thing… sorry. Couldn’t resist. Did Barbra ever give her number to Larry Calvin??? I mean him and a couple others CLEARLY was asking for it!! And Johnathan mystic…. do you still have WHAT EVER IN THE F*** you were taking when you wrote your last post!???? Cuz if you do…. I will GLADLY pay you well for some!! Seriously… don’t be greedy!! Wiccan, Christian,… whatever… your all taught to share!!! Crazy ed is a Legend and a scholar!! And last… but not least… Phire… when was your last CAT scan… cuz.. DAMN!! You are more bi-polar then hobo Bob!! And you have a kid!?? Does CPS know?? .. OK I’m sorry. Most of this wasn’t nice.. ( tho I didn’t say, not true! 😉 ) any who… Crazy Ed said it best!

splatterfiend on 06 Jan 2012 at 7:06 pm
  29. Thankfully, I am diagnosed Bipolar II, hypomanic depressive. I say “thankfully”, because a huge number of persons who are bipolar and undiagnosed commit suicide due to lack of or incorrect treatment, and the deplorable symptoms that can accompany the disorder and/or mistreatment. Bipolar doesn’t have to mean crazy or stupid. Therefore, I believe it is unfair to persons with a brain chemistry imbalance that causes mood instability to be confused or aligned with biased or hateful thinkers. In fact, before the label “bipolar” was applied to persons like me, we were simply referred to as persons with “artistic temperaments”.

As for Hogwarts, I enjoyed the Harry Potter movies and books, especially since they encouraged many young persons to read, children who had no or little interest in reading prior to the publishing of those books. And, don’t we all feel a little helpless at times, desiring a supra-means to eliminate our problems? Yes, some persons turn to God and angels to support them at those times. Yet, there are many other persons who have been crushed by mainstream religions, and are doing their best to recuperate from spiritual abuse, sometimes through alternative spiritual paths.

We may add blessing to each person’s healing by sending positive thoughts and prayers their way–you know, “the power of prayer”–free of judgment, full of love and compassion, which allows no room for criticism against a person based, or partially based, upon his or her weight.

Erin Elyn on 12 Jan 2013 at 2:37 pm
  30. Well, I live in Maryland and the information above is incorrect, he won 37 million after taxes and did dumb dumb open a Wiccan School? WHO KNOWS? All I know is this…FOR SURE..LOL He could have PRAYED TO SATAN himself…and Nixon i mean Satan would have given him…NOTHING..LOL .Wiccan is NOT about…selfish acts and IF he is a…teacher, he knows nothing…about “IT”.. Do I…Only what I’ve….raed seen, etc… and this…is luck etc.. I HIGHLY doubt “THE GODS” lol, would give him money… AND IF they did and he never opened the school… well.. watch out for shadows..LOL Like the ones in the movie Ghost!… BOO! LOL AND lastly, WE ALL SHOULD be rich and what would all the ALREADY rich have to SAY about that huh??? WELL WHO’S GONNA CLEAN OUR HOMES! OUR GARDENS OUR POOLS???? OMG! Yea, there is a reason tards ruls..LOL PEACE ALL..Last time ill be here i assure ya that..LOL I just was looking up el stupid

Bob Dylan on 10 Jun 2013 at 6:09 am
  31. Thanks for the laughs. I see a lot of butt hurt in the comments, but don’t much care. I am so tired of all these people who can’t tell the difference between fiction and non-fiction, computer games and reality. I can’t even enjoy sci fi or gaming anymore without thinking of all the idiots who think it’s truly a recipe for magic(k). Then they make fun of Christians for being irrational. Right. OK, I am agnostic and spiritual but not going to follow any religion and will never believe that any man or woman has the answers to it all. But at least Christians believe in a higher power instead of believing that they themselves are a higher power. Get a grip people.

Ace on 12 Feb 2015 at 11:37 pm
  32. This is a great new asset to getting valuable content indexed. QUESTION: Can a sitemap index be used to identify separate sitemaps containing, just certain content types (e.g. video sitemap, image sitemap, etc.)?If so, is there a code exmI&le?atp#39;d be beneficial in managing all asset types into isolated sitemaps.

Lucinda on 29 Apr 2016 at 12:01 pm