Abandoned Mike Tyson mansion in Ohio

Tyson MansionMike Tyson’s abandoned Ohio mansion is not only one of the finest examples or early-American pimp but it’s hard to find someone with that taste with enough money to buy a multi-million dollar mansion.

The mansion was purchased by Paul Monea (of the Taebo informericals) and was seized shortly after by feds who are investigating Monea for a money laundering scheme. By then the property was already deserted and he paid only $1.3 million dollars.

As of right now the Monea family owes in excess of $231,000 from 2007 to be collected in 2008.$41,138.75 is the total due for 2007. The taxes apparently have not been paid in about 5-6 years. The house was listed on eBay by either Monea or Mr. Tyson back in 2005 for $3 million. The house is currently appraised at $2.3 million.

The Moneas are unlikely to ever pay their back taxes so it is waiting for the IRS to claim the property and auction it off at some time in the future.

The 60 acre property is located in a remote area of Ohio in Southington. It features a 10,000 square foot house with five bedrooms, an indoor pool and overdone bathrooms. It’s well appointed with white tiger stripe carpet, gold plating and boasts a large facility for lions that Tyson used to keep as pets. He once bragged he’d spar with them to keep in shape.

Here is the address in case you are curious:

3737 State Route 534, Southington, Ohio

Staircase from above

Living Room

Big screen TV

Another View

View from above

Tyson Mansion
White tiger stripe carpeting is hard to find

Entertainment Room

Dining Room

Remote controls

Light Controls

Pool room

The Pool

Ice Cream Sundae Bar

Couches

More of the pool room

Tyson Mansion
The pool is getting worse with time

Jacuzzi tub

Basketball Court

Lion Cages

Barbecue

Another stairway

Bedroom

The bed

Kitchen

More of the Kitchen

The definitive site on this mansion Illicit Ohio

More Pictures

News Category: Celebrity, Retarded

622 Responses to “Abandoned Mike Tyson mansion in Ohio”

1. I partied with Mike Tyson once in this house. And yes Fine Young Cannibals has played in that house many times in the 90’s. Not only that but some other really good hits. And they still play them to this day. I remember the fights that happened there. I have old videos I filmed in 98 on VHS. Mike Tyson was outside and whole crowed of people and the inside of the house was full of people. I filmed from the basket ball court and turned the camera around shows the house with people standing all around it drinking being very loud. I have a short film of fight that was started and Mike Tyson ended up kicking a lot of people out. I had the video re uploaded on YouTube but for some reason it keeps getting taken down for inappropriate content. Secont thing is I wasn’t suppose to be there. My friend and I got drunk and there was a group of people standing at the gate and we walked in with the crowed so the guard wouldn’t see us.

Nancy on 24 Jun 2015 at 11:33 am
  2. How do i break in? There are some wonderful chairs and stools that i wouldn’t mind getting my hands on!

Schmailey on 19 Aug 2015 at 5:03 pm
  3. Nowadays the financial criterion is a minimum of as essential because the aesthetic 1.
    You can remove old mortar with the chisel and hammer method
    also. Basically, tiles are placed on a surface and the spacing in between tiles
    is filled using a powder called grout.

Anonymous on 20 Aug 2015 at 6:36 pm
  4. I have been renovating this house for 4 months now. And now we are on the last part. I hate to say it guys but the owner is talking about filling in the pool. And we want it done before winter. It should have its doors open by October 14. I cant wait to see peoples expressions when they see the gates open with everything turned on. Mike Tyson is coming to the open house!!!

Joe on 07 Sep 2015 at 10:39 pm
  5. Is this house no longer abandoned??? Because I passed it twice yesterday. On my way home it caught my eye the lights were on in the house and so were the lights in the driveway. Does anyone have any info who bought it?? And what they are doing with it???

Josive Jones on 24 Sep 2015 at 9:38 am
  6. I was traveling through hoping to get photographs of the house lastnight. Come to find out the power is on. The lights in the house were on and so where the lights all over the driveway path. Was very unexpected glad to see its not abandoned anymore. There’s an add on the gate that says something about a Church opening October 14th open house.

Max Willington on 03 Oct 2015 at 7:29 am
  7. For those of you that might wanna know I flew my Drone over this house I saw the hole thing on my screen. I was hovering outback trying to get a photo of the house while the video was recording. Out of nowhere the Drone crashed. So I watched the video and it showed someone walk out the back door to the house and shot it with something. This house is not abandoned anymore and who ever lives here has my Drone!!!

Jared on 19 Oct 2015 at 12:15 pm
  8. This house is not abandoned!!
    My Aunt and Uncle has a wedding scheduled with the Church we go to. The address the Wedding is taking place at is 3737 State Rout 534 this Sunday. Its the first time we get to go inside and the place will be open for our wedding for the first time. They also told us bring swimming trunks. Sounds good. This place is deff not abandoned. I will upload pics of wedding inside the house. If its a nice day we will be outside from what I was told. I cant wait to see what it looks like now. I drive by it every day lights are lit all the way through the Driveway. I remember back over a year ago it was run down and pool was full of garbage.

Gregery Wilson on 27 Oct 2015 at 10:15 pm
  9. I know there’s a black SUV that is parked at the end of the driveway every Sunday. I also saw some event going on here last week.

Josive on 27 Oct 2015 at 10:18 pm
  10. Great news Greg and Jared u are just plain stupid. I know the guy who lives in it he just watches it Monday through Sunday and someone from the Church gets paid to stay here daily. There are 2 people but they take turns. They know about the house and they know about all the people that broke onto the property in the passed. So I think they keep a good eye on the place. He must of been expecting someone to brake in if he saw ur drone. Most likely house motion sensor went off and he probably couldn’t figure out why until he saw ur drone.

Donna on 27 Oct 2015 at 10:38 pm
  11. This place isn’t abandoned anymore. No joke because as you said in this post no power, this place has electricity now. Its not abandoned if people are paying bills.

Jennifer on 30 Oct 2015 at 10:17 am
  12. I went to a wedding here yesterday with the help of our Church to start it. The room with the pool is getting filled in and the room will be for placing benches and a stage etc. I got to walk in and out of the house many times on Sunday and just what I like is every light fixture in the Main lobby by the pool is the Original Mike Tyson’s lights. The wood is in great shape and the house smells good.

Dian Clough on 03 Nov 2015 at 1:45 am
  13. I made progress working on this place this year. Tomorrow we are installing the benches in where the pool used to be. Its now filled in so they can use it as there Sancturary. There keeping the origional light fixtures over where the pool was and installing more speakers in the center under the window. The house looks a lot more modern then it used to. But everything works like a charm. Lights dimming panel and everything its in tip top shape for house that’s been sitting that long. Not a wiggle or any issues with wireing what so ever. Just needed a little TLC. Tomorrow is my last day working in the Samcturary installing bentches. And then that’s it. I lock up the door. Leave and they start to open it.

Donn on 10 Nov 2015 at 4:13 pm
  14. This house is not abandoned anymore because every day when I pass it the lights are on. And there’s 3 black SUV’s that are parked in the driveway.

Jimbo on 26 Nov 2015 at 5:44 am
  15. So, get the hack software now!.

Myra on 06 Dec 2015 at 9:32 pm
  16. My local church said we were moving to a new location next sunday witch was Yesterday. I had no Idea it was the old Mike Tyson Mansion. We had a blast here yesterday.

Mike Tyson Fan on 01 Feb 2016 at 4:35 am